GONZO on the big screen

Its very rare that i get the chance to watch a film post reading the book, in fact iv never done so. How primitive of me.  Some 6 years ago a manic, stoner welsh girl gave me a video tape (retro) of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which ignited an obsession to read every thing i could possibly get my hands on  by Hunter S Thompson. Ironic it is that now I'm anticipating his third book being put into the form of moving pictures THE RUM DIARY. 
Iv self medicated myself on downers to hold my excitement at bay before it gets hold of me and i go on a horny rampage pregnating all the local German Sheppard's. Anyway hers the trailer below which for me adds to the suspense although I'm not sure on Johnny Depp's sunglasses! 
  
THE RUM DIARY Quotes
"I sat there for a long time, and thought about a lot of things. Foremost among them was the suspicion that my strange and ungovernable instincts might do me in before I had a chance to get rich. No matter how much I wanted those things that I needed money to buy, there was some devilish current pushing me off in another direction- toward anarchy poverty and craziness. That maddening delusion that a man can lead a decent life without hiring himself out as a Judas goat." HST (absolute genius)

"Like most of the others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that my instincts were right" HST
  



Pushing my excitement to a uncontrollable level iv also learnt that hunters  pas de deux and best mate the famous artist Ralph Steadman has also got a documentary coming out in the imminent future. Again here's the trailer to obsess over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment